March 19, 2020
Are you aware of the new OHIP changes?
Changes to the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) were effective October 1, 2019, leaving several services unfunded for coverage.
The major changes include:
- De-listing imaging for most sinus problems
- Loop recorders used for the monitoring of heart disorders will no longer be covered
- OHIP will continue to fund more effective testing to diagnose infertility, but post-coital testing of cervical mucous will no longer be covered
- Patients who ask their doctor to remove ear wax when it’s not medically necessary may be required to pay
- Dipstick urine pregnancy tests performed in a physician’s office will only be covered by OHIP when its imperative to determine pregnancy to prevent patient harm
- Physician premiums for house calls will be only be covered for frail and housebound individuals